Wood Packaging Materials (WPM) Frequently Asked Questions

Collapse All Expand All

A. Yes. A new CAC or a reset CAC affects the certificates and, therefore, will not match the certificates registered on the WPM web site, and you will be required to re-register it. Go to: TARP CAC Certificate Registration Request

A. Yes, it satisfies both. DoD Wood Packaging Materials web site
A. No, plywood and particle board are manufactured wood products and are not included in WPM compliance. However, if WPM includes other types of WPM such as wood cleats, the end-product is then WPM. For example, a box constructed of plywood and lumber is WPM.
A. For purposes of importing WPM into the (US) the US Customs and Border Patrol uses the US Department of Agriculture definition. For purposes of this regulation, the US consists of 50 states, American Samoa, District of Columbia, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands of the US. WPM traveling solely between ports in the above listed areas will, for the purposes of enforcement of the WPM regulation, be considered to be domestic WPM.
A. The site custodian has until the end of the second week of the following month to submit the reporting month data.
A. Yes, even if there has been no activity, the site custodian is still required to submit the monthly WPM reports.