HAZARDOUS MATERIALS (HAZMAT) Frequently Asked Questions

Collapse All Expand All
 Q. Where do I go for answers to HAZMAT questions?

A. The Army HAZMAT Focal Point is ASC PSCC, 11 Hap Arnold Blvd, Tobyhanna, PA 18466-5097, visit our website, email us, or, you can reach us telephonically at Comm (570) 615-8845, DSN 795.

 Q. Who provides HAZMAT training for shippers?
A. The Defense Ammunition Center (DAC) is the Army's designated Packaging and HAZMAT School. DAC can be contacted at Defense Ammunition Center , DSN 826-4745 (open 0700 - 1600 Eastern Time) Comm 1-877-251-0730 (open 24 hours a day/7 days a week). DAC provides the initial 2-week Ammo-62 Technical Transportation of Hazardous Materials course and the one-week refresher on-line Ammo-37-DL General Transportation of Hazardous Materials course.
 Q. How do I request interpretations/relief from the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR)?
A. Regulatory interpretations/relief for DoD activities is requested through each service Focal Point. The Focal points are listed in the Defense Transportation Regulation, DoD 4500.9-R, Chapter 204.


The Army Focal Points at LOGSA PSCC can be contacted by email or telephonically at Comm (570) 615-8845, DSN 795.
 Q. Where can I find a material safety data sheet (MSDS) for the product/item I am using or shipping?
A. The Hazardous Materials Information Resource System (HMIRS) is the DoD repository for all MSDS'. In addition to the MSDS, other value added information can be found in this system such as transportation, logistics, disposal, and safety and health data. The website can be accessed here.
If you need further information, please visit our website or email us.

If you need further information, please visit our website or email us.